It's All Done But The Grading (And The Bargaining)

I gave my last exam (to my MBA class) last night. I thought it was a pretty easy one, but as usual, there were three students (out of twenty eight) still working at the end of three hours' time. I've come to the realization that I could give four hours (or even five) for an exam, and there would STILL be a few people working to the bitter end. A few observations from the exam (none of them surprising):
  • My favorite student got the Terry Pratchett/Discworld references sprinkled on the exam, and one of my others caught a couple of 1980s movie references.
  • In between walking up and down the aisles, I wrote about a hundred lines of SAS code
  • One of my students already has sent an email asking if we can meet "to discuss his grade." Anyone want to guess how that'll play out?
Now all I have to do is grade them, set grades for the semester, and wait for the inevitable emails arguing for higher grades.

Oh wait - I already got one of those...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ireland's Economic Comeback

Obama pushes for diplomacy on Iran's nuclear program

Ongoing Contact